Monday, March 30, 2009

Garage Sale and Good Finds

This has been one busy week. I feel like I am burning at both ends. Probably because I am, but what mom isn't?


I have been helping my mom get ready for a garage sale 10 years overdue. We found some amazing vintage fabric, lace and buttons. We also had our own Pot of Gold finds too. Mine was my grandmother's recipe box and her high school diploma from 1931. My mom's was her baby spoon and layet. She has never seen it so that was really cool to witness. We found lots of family heirlooms hidden in my grandmother's belongings that were just put away when she passed in 1998.



My grandmother was definately one amazing woman. She is the person who taught me to crochet, embroider, quilt and felt. The last piece we worked on together was a twin comforter and valance I still have. She taught me that handmade means love.


I have been working on some new items for the shop all week. Flip flops, socks, hair accessories and upcycled creations. The rest of the sock line should be stocked by the end of next week. Be on the lookout for some great vintage lace, fabric and buttons in the next week as well.

Photobucket

I am extending the penny shipping on flip flops from http://www.littlelovlies.etsy.com/ for the month of April. It has been going well and I am still adding new color combinations. They should be up this weekend. Then I am off to start headbands and bottlecaps.

Photobucket

I also opened a new shop on Hyena Cart. www.hyenacart.com/littlelovlies. I am offering free shipping on all orders over $25. FSCF is the checkout code use in order to receive that promotion. I have the socks and flip flops up the cart already. I am excited to get the cart going full force.

Photobucket


The kiddos are awesome as always. Abbie has decided that at 2 she knows everything and I am stupid. Everything is a drama convention and worthy of Oscars. Her screaming, I mean singing, she thinks is worthy of Tony's and we think needs earplugs. We just smile and say good job anyway. Gabe is now 16lbs and teething. Which is no fun when nursing, but we'll get through it. I almost have him sleeping in a bed instead of his swing. Wish us luck.



Sending love and prayers your way,
Carrie

No comments:

byhand.me

Followers