Friday, May 22, 2009

Amazing Book Find

Uncle TM's Advice to the Forlorn and Desperate by TM Sharp

An introduction:

Does your life seem to be without hope and direction? Does your butter land with the butter side down? Then you need the comprehensive and compassionate advice of Uncle TM.

Often times it is assumed that the common man is consumed with all the major problems of the world, but in reality the problems that we all have are fairly common when they are examined are quite humorous. Likewise it seems we can make a problem out of just about anything. Consequently, the solution should be equal to the magnitude of the problem.



I love advice columns. Mostly because I can laugh at other people and not feel so silly with my own issues. So this book was right up there with my sense of humor. Uncle Tm's Advice to the Forlorn and Desperate by TM Sharp is hilarious. I was able to snag an interview with him and thought I would share it with you guys.

What inspired this book?

The inspiration actually goes back to my teenage years when I would always turn to the advice columns in the newspaper and read the kinds of questions that Ann Landers and Abigail Van Buren answered. While I know they probably published the sanest ones, I could only imagine what crossed their desks. This coupled with my life in business and the almost unbelievable encounters provided me with a bank of “problems”. Finally, I absolutely love to twist words so that they take on a new life and meaning. Maybe I should have considered politics.

Why be and author?

Writing is like taking a trip into another reality. I can become the character that I am writing about and view the world from a completely different perspective.

What is your favorite color?
Blue.

What or who brings you the greatest joy in your life?

The greatest joy in my life is my faith in Jesus Christ. As a writer you prefer that people do not jump to the last chapter to find out how the story ends but I think that God wants you to know how it all comes together and how you fit into that plan. While I think that answers the what and who, I also have to say that my wife Nikki runs a close second in the greatest joy category. Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth would be my sons, their wives and the grandchildren.

To purchase a copy of this book, learn more about or contact TM Sharp go to his website www.sharpTM.com.

Be on the lookout for his new book "Been There Done That" which is a series of stories about his experience in the real estate business.

No comments:

byhand.me

Followers